- Cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen is associated with better effectiveness but more complications compared with 90% trichloroacetic acid (TCA) in the treatment of common warts.
Why this matters
- Warts are a common skin disease with several treatment options, but the best treatment is unclear.
- Both cryotherapy and TCA were associated with reduced lesions size (P<.001 for both>
- Cryotherapy was associated with better effectiveness compared with TCA:
- mean improvement (90.11% vs 26.19%; P<.001>
- good response rate (89.2% vs 26.2%; P<.001 and>
- complete cure rate (83.1% vs 21.3%; P<.001>
- 35 patients with 414 common warts had their lesions divided into 2 treatment groups (cryotherapy and TCA) and analyzed for effectiveness and safety outcomes.
- Funding: None disclosed.
- Small patient sample size.