- Cosmetics are the greatest triggering factor for unpleasant symptoms in patients with sensitive skin, according to a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Wet air, air conditioning, heat, and water also made the list.
Why this matters
- Little is known about the effects of triggering factors on sensitive skin.
- Important triggering factors for sensitive skin included:
- Cosmetics (OR, 7.12; 95% CI, 3.98-12.72).
- Wet air (OR, 3.83; 95% CI, 2.48-5.91).
- Air conditioning (OR, 3.60; 95% CI, 2.11-6.14).
- Heat (OR, 3.5; 95% CI, 2.69-4.63).
- Water (OR, 3.46; 95% CI, 2.56-4.77).
- 13 studies were included in the meta-analysis.
- Funding: None.
- Heterogeneity between included studies.