- Thermotherapy is associated with a nonsignificantly higher clearance rate compared with cryotherapy in patients with skin warts.
- Scarring rate was higher.
Why this matters
- The relative efficacy of thermotherapy vs cryotherapy was uncertain.
- The clearance rate was 79.2% in thermotherapy patients and 58.3% in cryotherapy patients (P=.212).
- Thermotherapy and cryotherapy patients had identical rates of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation (16.0%).
- Thermotherapy patients had significantly increased scarring rates (20.0% vs 0%; P=.018).
- Thermotherapy patients had nonsignificantly increased rates of posttreatment infection (8% vs 0%; P=.141) and local necrosis (4% vs 0%; P=.302).
- 52 adult patients with
- Funding: None disclosed.
- Small patient sample size.