- Reyvow (lasmiditan) has received FDA approval for the acute treatment of migraine with or without aura.
Why this matters
- About 12% of US adults have a history of migraine.
- Recommended daily dosage 50 mg, 100 mg, or 200 mg taken orally, as needed.
- May cause significant driving impairment, central nervous system depression, serotonin syndrome, and medication overuse headache.
- Approval based on 2 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials of 3177 patients with adult migraine:
- Study 1: Pain relief at 2 hours in 28.3% with 100 mg lasmiditan and 31.8% with 200 mg vs 15.3% with placebo (P<.001 relief of most bothersome symptom at hours was reported in with mg lasmiditan and vs placebo>
- Study 2: Pain relief at 2 hours was 28.3% with 50 mg lasmiditan, 31.4% with 100 mg, and 38.8% with 200 mg vs 21.0% with placebo (P<.001 relief of most bothersome symptom at hours was reported in with mg lasmiditan and vs placebo>
For Prescribing Information, click here.