- In patients with psoriasis, hyperlipidemia, gout, axial spondylopathy, and allergic rhinitis are associated with psoriatic arthritis.
Why this matters
- Early detection of psoriatic arthritis is challenging.
- Hyperlipidemia (OR, 15.94; P=.02), gout (OR, 3.83; P=.03), allergic rhinitis (OR, 8.17; P<.01 and axial spondylopathy were associated with increased odds of psoriatic arthritis.>
- No analyzed serological markers were significantly associated with psoriatic arthritis after multivariate analysis (anti-extractable nuclear antigens, anti-phospholipid, and anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies [P>.05 for all]).
- 629 patients with psoriasis, 102 with psoriatic arthritis, were retrospectively analyzed.
- Funding: Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital.